Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why I chose to study Japanese...

I chose to study Japanese because I find the culture very interesting and I would like to travel or study abroad in Japan someday. I also wanted to learn Japanese because it is very similar to Korean which I am familiar with because I am half Korean. I am excited to learn how to carry on a basic conversation in Japanese as well as write in Kanji. I found that memorizing the grammar patterns was the most difficult part of the first two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting to see how similar Japanese language is to Korean.
    Both languages share many words, such as gaban(bag) and shinbun
    (newspaper, to be exact,shinmun in Korea), right? I found it more
    fascinating to discover similarities than seeing differences between
    two countries. Very nice meeting you, Lisa and I hope we will be soon
    able to communicate each other in Japanese,too. ^_^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. はじめましてLisa!Thanks for the comment. I agree, grammar patterns are pretty hard, hopefully it'll get better once we learn more. どうぞよろしく!

    ReplyDelete